Use these shortcodes in the page's content editor for above result:
[fcretirenesteggplugin sc_size="medium" sc_custom_style="No" sc_add_link="Yes" sc_brand_name="Optionally Your Brand Here" sc_hide_resize="No" sc_current_age="28" sc_retire_age="62" sc_current_savings="16000" sc_invest_amt="750.0" sc_rate="5.5"]
This plugin is also available for download at WordPress.org Plugin Directory
This plugin answers a question most people ask at one time or another, "Assuming regular investment amounts, how much will I have when I retire?". The calculator quickly answers the question based on the variables your users enter and creates a detailed schedule with projected date based investments and charts. A site's users can select their own currency and date convention used in the investment schedule. This is ideal if your site attracts visitors from around the globe. Select from four predefined sizes or modify CSS file to customize size and change colors. Supports touch devices and a responsive designed website. The FC Retirement Nest Egg Calculator Plugin is based on and uses code from the very popular Retirement Calculator.
Rebranding with your site's brand name is supported and encouraged.
The plugin may be
- used in a post or page's content area via a shortcode; or
- used in a sidebar widget area; or
- called from any template file.
- upload the fc-retirement-nest-egg-calculator folder with all its files to the /wp-content/plugins/; or
- unzip the plugin's zip file in the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins Installed Plugins menu in WordPress
There are 3 mutually exclusive ways you can deploy the calculator to an individual page (though you can use all three methods on different pages within a site):
- Add the shortcode [fcretirenesteggplugin] in the content area of your page or post and configure shortcode parameters.
- Add the following code to your template where you want the calculator to appear.
- If you are using widgets, just add the plugin to the sidebar through the Appearance Widgets menu in WordPress. Be sure to click Save.
- sc_size= "tiny" | "small" | "medium" | "large"
- sc_custom_style= "No" | "Yes"
- sc_add_link= "Yes" | "No"
- sc_brand_name="Your Name"
- sc_hide_resize= "No" | "Yes"
Copy and paste to page's or post's content area.
First example includes all options.
Optional array parameter passed to
This can be copied and pasted to a template part.
Valid values for options are the same as the shortcode above.Notes:
- If you want to add your brand to the calculator, the _add_link option must be set to "Yes".
- When branding, your brand name will be added before "Retirement Calculator".
- If _custom_style is set to "Yes", the plugin will load fin-calc-widgets-custom.css located in the plugin's CSS folder. If you set the option to "Yes" without making any changes, the calculator will change to a horrendous red which indicates the custom css is being used.
- The plugin is built and tested on HTML5/CSS3 pages. (DOCTYPE XHTML 1.0 Transitional has been tested as well.)
- The plugin requires jQuery v1.9.1 or better (but not v4). If your WordPress site does not load it, this plugin will. If your WordPress has been installed or updated since Feb. 4, 2013, it should have the correct version.
- max-width: large: 440px, medium: 340px, small: 290px, tiny: 150px